H2S Clear Certification Summary
- H2S Clear will improve employee safety performance for General Industry workers who may come in contact with hydrogen sulfide during their regular day to day job duties.
- While not only improving safety performance, this course also provides crucial knowledge of the dangers of H2S and the precautions, tools and controls necessary.
- This course cover the current classroom requirements of ANSI Z390.1, and is designed to meet the new ANSI requirements.
- It's recommended to complete Safe Gulf, Safeland, prior to taking H2S Clear to meet general industry safety orientation requirements.
- Students will receive written exams to verify their competency in Safe Construction topics.
- Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive their PEC ID Card.
PEC Safe Construction meets minimum requirements for an Awareness-Level orientation in the following topics:
- Buddy Systems
- Burning Flaring and Venting
- Characteristics of Hydrogen Sulfide
- Corrective Actions and Shutdown Procedures
- Dispersion Models
- Effects of Hydrogen Sulfide on Metals
- Emergency Response and Evacuation
- Emerging Technology
- Engineering Controls
- First Aid and Post-Exposure Evaluation
- Hydrogen Sulfide in Confined Spaces
- Health Effects
- Ignition Sources
- Methods for Detecting and Monitoring
- Operation of Safety Equipment and Life Support Systems
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Physical Properties
- Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals
- Rescue Techniques
- Respiratory Protection
- Sources of Hydrogen Sulfide
- State and Federal Regulation Requirements
- Warning Signs
- Warning Systems
- Well Control (Drilling Operations)
- Wind Direction
- Work Procedures