American Red Cross
Basic First Aid, CPR, AED Certification
For Adults, Children, Infants
According to the American Red Cross, "First Aid gives employees the knowledge, but more importantly, the confidence to respond to an emergency. It gives them the knowledge of what to do and what not to do when an emergency happens. Being able to respond quickly gives customers and colleagues the confidence that in an emergency someone trained will be there to help".
Basic First Aid
- Learn CPR, Basic First Aid, and AED for adults, children and infants.
- This is a hands-on course and upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive their certification through the American Red Cross.
- It gives them the knowledge of what to do and what not to do when an emergency happens.
- This certification is valid for two years.
- Providing CPR can be the difference in a person living or dying.
- According to the American Heart Association, "Nearly 326,000 out of hospital, sudden cardiac arrests occur annually, and 88% occur at home".
- An Automated External Defibrillator (AED) will only administer a shock to the heart when absolutely necessary.
- According to the American Red Cross, "An AED is the only effective treatment for restoring a regular heart rhythm during sudden cardiac arrest and is an easy to operate tool for someone with no medical background".